Information Rozhen festival 2019
Rozhen and the Rhodope Mountains will unite the nation once again and will become the beating heart of Bulgaria this year!
From the 19th to the 21st July, #Bulgarians from all over the country and from abroad will meet on the occasion of the next edition of the Festival of Folklore and Livestock Breeding “Rozhen”.
Again in 2019 the Festival will combine the ethno-cultural aspect of the event with the livestock breeding, which is an ancient Rhodope livelihood and is the basis of the folk culture, folklore and crafts.
• The Rozhen meadows will again be decorated with the biggest tricolor flag of over 8000 sq.m!
During the three days in Rozhen you will find:
• National folklore competition for singers, instrumentalists, folk dances, customs and verbal folklore
• The Mobile Museum Exposition “The Spirit of the Rhodopes”
• Every day at 12.00 – Big Rhodopes Horo
• Specialized exhibitions of different types of sheep, goats, dogs, cattle and buffaloes; dairy and meat food from the farm; agricultural machinery and equipment.
• Traditional meals
• Farmers competitions and horse riding attractions
• Nestinari (Fire-dancers), dance competitions, folk festives, evening concerts
• Contest for authentic Rhodopian male, female and children’s traditional costume and attractive presentation
• Children workshop
The innovative cultural event is organized by Association “Rozhen – Heritage in the Future” and Smolyan Municipality in partnership with Chepelare Municipality and is included in the National Cultural Calendar.